Beta 7a of Graeme Cowie’s Bomb Jack Amiga remake, “Bomb Jack Beer Edition” has been released. For more information about the game, be sure to read though our previous posts, and also the EAB thread link below. The final version will be released in the upcoming weeks, and will be available to download from the ViTNO Homebrew Database. 😉
- Fixed various collision bugs
- Fixed various GFX bugs
- Fixed save hi-score routines (you need to End the game to save the score)
- Added all Sound FX – thanks to Saimon69
- Added 4 new Beer edition rounds. The rounds can only be played by getting a bonus between 50,000 and 250,000 points after each 5 rounds. Depending on the bonus achieved you will play the next round and be able to score a huge amount of points for each Bomb collected.
- Between 50,000 and 99,000 you’ll play the Penshaw Monument round – each bomb collected will get you 1,200 points.
- Between 100,000 and 149,999 you’ll play the Chichen Itza round – each bomb collected will get you 2,000 points.
- Between 150,000 and 199,999 you’ll play the Edinburgh Castle round – each bomb collected will get you 3,000 points.
- Between 200,000 and 250,000 you’ll play the Big Ben round where each Bomb collected will get you 5,000 points.
- Added the ability to disable/enable sound and music.
- Also changed is the difficulty, the difficulty now mimics the Arcade on medium dip switch setting.
- The club enemy is severely broken, it needs fixing and is my highest priority.
- If Jack finished the round by collecting the last bomb and dies then the next round is skipped.
- There are a few GFX glitches remaining under some circumstances.